Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Girlie Nights!!

Saturday 5 March 2011

Girlie Nights!!

Had a rare night off from the Kids last night, went to a Take That Tribute night. It's no secret that I have always been a major Take That Fan, So I was really looking forward to it. 

I now remember why I don't attempt to go out that often.. It was a major challenge just getting ready.  Took a total of two and half hours.  Was it the variety of beauty products and amount of time I spent relaxing prior to the big event.  No! It was the constantly having to break up the fights that ensued every time I turned my back.

Firstly came the shower challenge as soon as that water starts to pour out, my 2 year old is in the bathroom like a shot, tearing off his clothes as he goes.  So there we both are in the shower and there's a shark eating my toes as I attempt to shave my legs and an octopus suckered to my knee cap as a wash my hair.  That's the easy bit, the hard bit is getting the slippery little eel out the shower once we're done, The screams of protests can be heard all the way down the street.

Then there is the Make-up bag challenge, with a towel balance precariously on my head I sat and dug around for the various body lotions and potions.  This time I have been joined by my five year old, what's that? she'd asked sticking her finger in and then smothering all over her arms, stop touching I shout, leave it alone, that's not for you.  don't your dare squirt that bottle at me.  By the time we have finished the kids look like a pair of freaky clowns, and in all fairness I probably don't look much better

So just time for a last outfit change, Slip on the highest pair of heels and grabbing the matching handbag it's a quick snotty kiss from the kids and as I shout be good and close the door, I am finally free to be me and not mummy.

The night was a really good night. A nice meal followed by lots of vodka, all of which will lead to a bad head but hey, needs must sometimes.  The entertainment was cheesy to say the least, but a good laugh.  Nice bums wriggling around the stage, A girl can't complain.  Just time for good old dance before all to soon the night was over.  All in all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment