Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer

Sunday 3 April 2011

What a wonderful day it has been today.  I'm just sat here watching my two wonderful children have a mad half hour before bed time.  They are scrubbed, tubbed and looking and smelling gorgeous.  I realised today that I am the richest person in the world.  All the money in the world cannot buy what these two give to me.

It has been a tough week as usual, but i wouldn't swap my life for anything.  The kids slept out on Friday night for the first time ever .  It was awful.  The constant sense that something is missing, like your right arm.  Sometimes when they are around I wish for just half an hour on my own to get my jobs done, or even simply to get a shower in peace, however when the wish comes true, it's not always as it good as you thought.

The house was lifeless.  All the noise they make muted.  There was no arguing, no singing, no playing, there wasn't a single item out of place and it felt totally alien.  I wandered aimlessly around from room to room.  I couldn't concentrate, I couldn't sleep, I just counted down the hours until the morning. When the phone rang at 6:40 am and a little voice said "Hello mummy, I miss you" it was the best sound in the world.

It sometimes takes a little time away to make you fully appreciate what you actually have!

No comments:

Post a Comment