Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Best Job in the World

Thursday 18 August 2011

Best Job in the World

Being a mum is probably the hardest job in the world.. I work the longest hours.  My days start around 5.30am and finish about 9pm.  I have to multi-task constantly to get the washing done, the ironing, the cooking, the pots, the housework, whilst doing that I referee the arguments, split up full on fights and nurse the bruises better. Then there are the tantrums, the strops and the tears to deal with.  Before bath time followed by story time and at last bedtime.  Day done.  Not quite.  There are still the toys to put away and all the half finished tasks left to complete.  Eventually flop onto the sofa with a well earned coffee.  I truly do go to work, Yes I work as well, for a rest.


We had such a great day today.  A day of laughter and fun without a care in the world.  We didn't have one strop, one tear or the hint of a kick off.  Just smiling faces.  It was definately a day to be silly.  The biggest laugh probably came when we went on the barrel water ride.  Who get the soggy bum off the very wet seat? Me.  Who was the protector when the water squirted? Me.  Good old mum got the soaking.  hahaha.  I came off looking like a drowned rat and I didn't even want to go on the ride, but who cares.  We created our memories and will look back on this day and smile.

Would I change my Job? Not a chance. I have the best job in the world. When those little faces look at you and say, "Mummy, I love you.  I have had the best time." that is all the payment I ever need.

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely post :-) Cant stop smiling!!

    Here from Writers Bureau fb page.

    --Nandana

    ReplyDelete