Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Chicken Casserole!

Monday 24 October 2011

Chicken Casserole!

It's been a fairly crazy day today, even more of a manic Monday than normal.  Was up at 6.30am this morning preparing tonights chicken casserole.  Now, I have to admit that at 6.30 in the morning to be peeling veg and preparing chicken is definitely not my idea of fun.  I hadn't even had my first coffee of the day and the smell of raw chicken turned my stomach and completely put me off my morning cereal.

Finally chucked it all into the slow cooker, bit of salt and pepper, various herbs for flavour, couple of oxo cubes, lid on, job done.  Left it to cook all day.

The smell as I opened the front door tonight was well worth missing breakfast for.  It smelt amazing and the best thing was all I had to do was dig out the plates and whack it on the table.  Result!

"urggh whats that?" came the inevitable moans of the kids.
" Not eating that I don't like it." 
"Tough "came the reply.  "That is all there is and if you don't eat it you will be very hungry." 
Was I being a bit harsh.  Well, never did me any harm and I was made to liver, now that is rank.  They tentatively took a few mouthfuls, pushed it around their plates before declaring I'm full, whats for pudding? I don't think so came my response.

No comments:

Post a Comment