Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: 999

Thursday 3 November 2011

999

My little monster did the one thing I have been dreading today.  He got hold of the phone and called 999.  Not only did he ring 999 he proceeded to happily chat away to the person on the end of the line.  It all started with our phone ringing.  As I went to answer it Charlie managed to beat me to it.  What I didn't realise was that he had answered the phone and then managed to cut the person off.  Obviously he decided to ring them back pressing random numbers on the phone.  When I found him he was happily chatting away to the person on the end of the line.  When I questioned him he said he was talking to Daddy.

My initial thought was, oh great, here we go again.  He never rings unless a) he is changing arrangements or b) he wants something.  I managed to get the phone and snapped "Hello." You can imagine my shock when a voice said.
"Do you require an emergency service?"
"Erm no" I cagily replied before the penny dropped "I'm really sor..." I was cut off mid-sentence.
"Then replace the phone immediately."
I felt like a naughty school girl.  I did feel so guilty though. I don't condone wasting time like that but it was a genuine accident.

Needless to say the handset is now kiddie locked and placed on a higher shelf to ensure that he doesn't get his sticky little mitts on it again.

1 comment:

  1. I've always dreaded that happening - and have done it myself once or twice as I've blundered about the tiny keys of my mobile.

    ReplyDelete