Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Fever!

Thursday 8 March 2012

Fever!

Oh what a horrible day! I have been up since 3 am, in fact prior to that I managed 2 hours interrupted sleep, so really, I have been up all last night and spent all of today nursing a poorly little boy.  At the worst point this afternoon his temperature reached 39.9oc and was pretty scary.  The house was like a fridge, there's been no heating on, a fan blasting out cold air and doors wide open.  Despite the layers I kept adding I felt frozen solid while he continued to get hotter. Luckily, I have managed to get it right down in the last couple of hours.  He is now tucked up in bed, dosed up with Calpol. Hopefully, if he can have a good nights sleep he will be much better in the morning.

Even at the tender age of 3 there is no mistaking the fact that he is a male.  He has driven me virtually insane today.  He has felt so sorry for himself, and my god, has he milked it for all it's worth. He can't stand up cos his legs hurt.  His eyes are stinging. He can't hold his juice because his arms hurt and the list goes on and on.  He has been waited on hand and foot and enjoyed every minute.

He had nodded off at one point so I settled myself on the sofa with my book, and a very large strong coffee.  I hadn't read a page before he woke up.  " Mummy, I need a wee". Up I get, sort the potty and settle him back in his spot with his blanket.  Sit myself back down, open my book and, "Mummy, I want a DVD on," up I get again.  10 minutes later "I need a drink," followed by "I don't want to watch this now, I want this on." Arrrgggghhhhh!

An hour later, my coffee was cold and the book, well that's not gonna happen.  Everytime I picked it up he said, "Hug me mummy," I'd reach across with one arm and continue reading.  "No mummy, hug me with two arms." What can I do but put the book down and give him a hug,  Before I know he is sat on my knee with his hair ticking my nose and my arms locked in place around him.  He swiftly nods off and snores whilst I'm left sweltering under the heat and hardly daring breathe in case I wake him up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment