Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Finance headaches

Thursday 17 May 2012

Finance headaches

It's been a while since my last post but at the minute I have been so busy and so much is going on that there really aren't enough hours in the day.  Tonight with the kids at their dads I'm back on it.

The best news this week is week I have become an Auntie.  My little sister has given birth to a gorgeous little boy 'Alex'.  He is amazing and I am smitten.  Although that old sibling rivalry slightly re-appeared when I noted how she was sat up in bed still looking fabulous after her ordeal, I look at the photo's of me after having my kids and I look like horrific.  It's just not fair!

I have taken matters into my own hands with regards the divorce.  I made a decision that I am not going to mediation.  After 2 years I can see no point in paying out more money to solicitors when I know ultimately it will not get us anywhere.  There is only one matter to sort and that is the house.  I know what he wants is money and therefore my plan is to make him an offer and let him take it or leave it.  It's my rules this time.  I am sick and tired of it all.

I have had the house valued and seen a financial adviser who has taken all my details away and is going to let me know, in due course, what I can and cannot afford to do.  My aim is to take over the mortgage hopefully adding a bit extra to pay him off.  No way is he getting a 50 / 50 split.  I have paid the mortgage and all other household costs for the last 2 years. I was self-sufficient and living alone when we met and he walked into my furnished home with next to nothing and that is the way he can leave.

If it comes back that cannot take over the mortgage on my income. Well, I'm very sorry Mr Ex, but there is no way me and the kids will be moving out.  He will have to wait until I am a position to either sell up and move on.  Or I am in a position to start working more hours, which at the moment isn't going to happen.  Charlie is not due to start school until September 2014 and I can't see the Ex wanting to help with  any childcare costs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment