Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Ahoy there!!!

Sunday 10 June 2012

Ahoy there!!!

It's been a typical rubbish half term.  The weather put paid to all my best made plans and I've been pulling my hair out, stuck indoors, with two bored kids.  Charlie has been his, worse than normal. naughty self and spent most of the last two days on the naughty stop.  This morning with the sun shinning I decided to pack up the car and head off to the seaside.  We all needed to go out have some fun and let off some steam.

We have had one of the best days.  The sun shone, the beach was almost deserted and I could almost imagine that I was hundreds of miles away.  The kids played happily for a while building sandcastles and digging holes leaving me free to have a sneaky little half an hour with the delectable Mr Grey (50 shades Trilogy)

After a while it was time for a little wander and we packed up and headed off the to catch the land train along Bridlington Promenade.  From there, we went to the harbour and bought ice creams and doughnuts before setting sail on a pirate ship for a little trip around Brid Bay. It was the first time that the kids have been on a boat and they loved every second.  Charlie's face was a picture as the boat started to move.  He clung to me and went as white as a sheet, luckily that soon passed and he soon had the biggest grin on his face, especially when he received a pirate flag to wave around.  Faye just giggled all the time. 

We just had time for game of crazy golf before it was time to head for home.  The best part of my day was when Faye put her arms around me and said "I think your the bestest mummy in the world and I have had the greatest, bestest most fabulous day ever, ever, ever" What more can I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment