Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Something always spoils it.

Sunday 21 October 2012

Something always spoils it.

I have had a great weekend and I was feeling totally chilled and relaxed until it came to the Sunday night ritual of bathing the children.  Firstly the hot water tap decided to break and I was left trying to fill the bath with a mere trickle of hot water.  I decided I would try and speed matters along by turning on the shower only to find that that had died a death as well.  Therefore I was left filling up buckets of water up.  Nightmare.  The worst thing will be in the morning.  I don't know how I will  survive without my morning shower.  The most annoying thing is I only installed the shower just over a year ago.  Arghhhhhhhh!

Anyway, I have had a lovely weekend.  I got my party dress out a last night and hit the bars with my other half.  It was so nice to have  some adult time.  I had a chilled out afternoon pampering myself.  It was a total make-over afternoon with a new hair colour, manicure, pedicure, the works.  I'm not used to Saturday nights out drinking anymore and I forgot how busy some of the pubs could be.  You could barely move in some.  I was bumped into, pushed out the way, trod on and had countless drinks spilt on my new dress. To be honest by the end of the night I was ready to go home and slip into my comfy slippers.  I think it's a sign that just maybe I am now growing older.

This morning, thankfully hangover free although I'm not sure how I managed that, I had a lovely sleep in. There is nothing better then being brought a Sunday morning coffee in bed and just laying there watching rubbish Sunday morning TV with no reason to get up.  It's been a long time since I have enjoyed that.  We finally got up, showered and headed to a nearby cafe bar for a lovely long relaxing lunch

All to soon it. was time to head home and back to reality with the mountain of ironing to tackle and the imminent arrival home of my babies.  Despite the lovely weekend I missed them every second of it.  It wasn't long before the house was filled with the sound of cbeebies, arguing and fighting.   Roll on my next free weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment