Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Spoilt Rotten

Sunday 24 February 2013

Spoilt Rotten

I've had a lovely child free weekend and I have been spoilt rotten by my man.  Yesterday was a day out to York where we spent time wandering around the shops. For once I managed not spend much.  In fact, my grand purchase for the day was a tube of hand cream.  Very rock and roll.  It's was nice just to be able to wander around and browse.  We grabbed a spot of lunch before wandering round a few more shops.

Last night I was taken out for a meal.  It was a spicy Mexican enchiladas followed by a very naughty dessert of hot chocolate brownies, ice cream, strawberries, chocolate dipping sauce and hot chorros (which are a type of doughnut covered in cinnamon sugar).  It was to die for but I dread to think how many calories I consumed.  From there it was off to the cinema to watch the amazing Django.  To be honest, I didn't think this film would be something I would enjoy but despite the numb bum from the awful cinema seats it was a really good watch and up there with some of the best films I have watched recently.

Today, it's a story of more food.  I was taken out for a lovely Sunday Lunch and I'm currently fit to burst.  I don't think I'll need to eat until Wednesday now.

 Prior to that we popped to the local supermarket.  Going our separate ways I went off to get my bits and typically then spent around 10 minutes walking up and down the aisles trying to re-find him.  Once located I marched up and said "Have you been sneaking off to look at the DVDs again?"  To my surprise he hadn't.  He had been down the book aisle and found me the new Lesley Pearse that I've been after.  I can't wait to snuggle up with that one.   I have warned him that once I start that book he will lose me for a few nights as if it's anything like her other books I can't out them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment