Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Feeling sorry for myself

Wednesday 6 March 2013

Feeling sorry for myself

I've not written a post for a couple of days.  I've been feeling a little under the weather with a sore throat, ear ache and just generally feeling rubbish, fed up and a little bit sorry for myself. 

It was another really busy weekend last weekend taking the kids to the beach, swimming and then for a day out to York to visit the castle museum it was fairly hectic and non-stop.  Come Sunday night I was fit to drop.

The highlight for me was definitely the castle museum.  I am a bit of a history geek and I confess I just love anything like that.  The museum has a Victorian Street with all the sound effects and old shops which I just found it fascinating.  Charlie was not so keen.  He said it was scary and he couldn't wait to get away from the street.  You can imagine his reaction when we took him down to the castle prison.  I think we managed to get through that part in all of about 5 minutes.  "It's scary.  I wanna go home" were his only words.  Faye loved it and I can see her turning into a history geek just like her mum.  She has plenty to regale her teachers with on Monday morning. 

One exhibition was old toys and there was the predicted old bikes, teddies and dolls etc.  The scary thing was there was also toys I played with as a kid.  The old spectrum 64 computer with the huge joystick, oh my god how things have changed.  I remember the screeching, wailing sounds as the game tried to load and watching the multitude of flickering lines on the TV screen as we waited with baited breath for the game to come on the screen. 9 times out of 10, it failed and we were only provided with an lovely error message.  Once the game did load, Bomber Jack or Daley Thompson's Olympics being my favourite games it wasn't long before you almost crying in pain as the frantic shaking of the joystick made your arm ache to the extreme.  I remember constantly trying to change arms so I could play a bit longer.  It's a far cry from the small controllers nowadays.

That's enough for today for now I'm going back to my book with my feet up for a couple of hours before the kids get home from school and all hell break loose again!


No comments:

Post a Comment