Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Review of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Review of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

I don't suppose there is much that  I can say about this book that hasn't already been said before.  The main reason I actually read this book was my man who is into his films persuaded me to watch the film because it was in his words, "amazing," come half way I fell asleep and to be honest failed to see what the big deal with it was.  I had to admit I didn't honestly know what was going on with it.  That also triggered my curiosity further as there must be something that makes it special.

I purchased the book and I did struggle with it up to chapter 12.  I very nearly gave up on it and I very rarely do that.  I just couldn't connect with the characters, I failed to see the links and the story just didn't really seem to be going anywhere.  All of a sudden I turned the page and the whole magic came into play.  It was like entering another world and from that moment I was gripped. 

The characters really came into their own and their relationships moved up another level.  Lisbeth Salander is a remarkable creation and I have to say I love her.  She doesn't give a monkeys what anyone thinks of her and she takes no prisoners.  I'm intrigued to find out more about her.  I want to know more of her background and how she came to be the person she is today.  I'm fairly sure the subsequent books will reveal this and I can't wait.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how her relationship with Blomkvist develops.  There is obviously a lot of chemistry between them and she has managed to get under his skin.

All in all despite the tough start (which I now appreciate gives a fuller understanding of the upcoming story lines and is needed) I really loved this book and was well and truly hooked.  The twists and turns leave you breathless and desperate for more.  Yep, now I realise why this book is a international bestseller.  It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment