Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Review of Strong Women by Roberta Kray

Sunday 10 March 2013

Review of Strong Women by Roberta Kray

This is the first book by Roberta Kray that I have read and I would like to read more of her work although I didn't find it as good as some of the authors I have read in this genre such as Martina Cole and Mandasue Heller.

The main charachter Jo Strong has had a rough few years and she is slowly starting to get on with her life again but she is shown as a weak and rather pathetic person in one breathe and then as quite hard and strong in another which I found to be a little cliche and confusing.  Despite this I liked this character and rooted for her throughout the book.

There were a lot of characters in this book that I felt didn't really have a role to play and the story would have flowed just as well without them.  In my opinion I would have like to have known a little more background or the other major charachters.  For instance. Gabe Miller, was he a crook or a good guy.  It's hinted that he was a crook but to what extent? None of his background is covered in the book and I would have like to have know more about him.  I needed to know what made him tick.

Then there was Marty Gull a guy with a very big grudge.  We are told a little about why he is so angry but not enough to fill in the gaps.  I wanted to know how he become involved in the gangland lifestyle.  What's his story? 

I did enjoy this book and I found it to be very easy reading if not a little unbelievable at times but will definatly look to read more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment