Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Happy Smiley Faces

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Happy Smiley Faces

Yesterday didn't bring the good news we were expecting,  In fact, it brought no news at all.  Dad was still in the hospital with a lot of doctors paying him visits scratching their heads and shrugging their shoulders.  Last night was the last straw and at 10pm I sat down to write a second e-mail of complaint to the hospital.  By the time I had finished it was like war and peace and a while catalogue of errors were highlighted.  Consequently I spent most of the night wide awake my brain in overdrive and refusing to switch off. 1.30am saw me put down my book and switch off the light. 2am saw me switch my light back on and proceed to read 3 more chapters of my boo.  Finally I fell into a fitful sleep where I dreamt about standing and arguing with the doctors and nursing staff.  All to soon the  clock was going off at 6.15am.  It's been a long long day.

Thankfully my e-mail paid off, Yeah! Doctors have visited.  Decisions have been made and at 6,30pm this evening my children got the surprise of the night as whilst having their tea my princess caught sight of her beloved grandad walking past the front window.  Needless to say it was hugs and kisses all round with everyone wearing a smile for the first time in weeks.

It's just a shame that such drastic measures had to be taken and not one but two complaints have had to made just to get a satisfactory level of care.  There is something seriously wrong with the NHS and my faith in it at the moment is at rock bottom.  You hear in the media all the time about over spending and bed shortages, yet they have someone essentially fit and well, and although needing treatment not necessarily needing to be in a hospital environment, that has been taking up a bed for almost 3 weeks.

This unfortunately is just the beginning of the journey but at least for tonight I can go to bed still wearing the smile on my face.  Needless to say I am in no doubt that I will sleep like a baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment