Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: My First Story Post.

Friday 26 April 2013

My First Story Post.

Eeek.  It's a bit scary but I have taken the plunge and posted my first story on readwave for everyone to see.  It's another big step on my writing journey.  Looking back at just how far I have come it's fairly amazing.  When I read some of my earlier stories from just a year ago they are pretty awful and no, I won't be posting those for people to read, I'm thinking the shredder might be the place for them, but then again being the hoarder that I am, I think they'll be filed away somewhere. You never know they might be ok with total re-writes and there could be an idea in them somewhere.  You might think the same about the one I have allowed you to read but believe me it's a vast improvement to my first attempts. 

I am nervous allowing people to see my work, I guess maybe it's just a confidence thing.  Then again I was nervous writing my first blog post two years ago and I'm now coming up to my 10,000th page view so I must be doing something right.

Anyway, enough of my wittering.  Here's my story.  Please let me know what you think and feel free to leave any comments good or bad.


Read on ReadWave.com

1 comment:

  1. Well done on posting your story. I learnt a great thing by going to writing classes where everyone gives feedback on everyone else's stories: it's my story and I'll tell it the way I want to. So I always nodded and took notes, even when I disagreed with someone. Then I ignored what they said. Doesn't mean I didn't take feedback on board, I did, but not all feedback is good feedback. Good luck!
    www.sandradanby.com

    ReplyDelete