Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Explosive Week.

Tuesday 30 July 2013

Explosive Week.

I'm not normally one for confrontation.  Normally I bite my tongue, keep my feelings hidden and just let everything go over my head and deal with it in my own way.  Not this week.  This week a few people have seen a different side to me.  I've said things that have needed saying for a while and I feel better than I have done for a while.  In fact, it feels amazing.

I'm a decent person, I have a good set of morals and know right from wrong.  I go out of my way to help my nearest and dearest and like to think I do go that extra mile for them, as they do for me.  My family are my world and I know the people that I can turn to and who will be there for me, unconditionally.

What I am sick of is people contacting me out of the blue and pretending to be my best friend,  Take the phone call I had today.  This person has caused immeasurable hurt and upset to my family.  I haven't spoken to said person in five years and yet they call me up to discuss arrangements for a family party, they then get upset when I say I'm not going. 

I was told that I was very rude.  Well, OK call me what you like.  I wasn't rude I was honest.  As we all know the truth hurts and all I said was I am not sitting for four hours playing happy families.  I can't be fake and sit there being all smiles and making polite conversation through gritted teeth. 

What you see is what you get with me.    I don't put on airs and graces.  I don't pretend to be some I'm not.  I'm just me.  Take it or leave it.  I am far from perfect and I know all my bad points but what I'm beginning to see is that I have a lot of good points and do you know what? I like who I am.  I don't want to be someone else. 

So for anyone reading this beware.  I am no longer going to be that door mat and take all the shite.  There's a few people on my hit list that are going to be told exactly what I think of them.  Please or offend.  This is the new assertive Jayne.

No comments:

Post a Comment