Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Review of A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Review of A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

What an emotional read.  There are very few books that have actually made me cry, some make me think, oh how sad, some bring a lump to my throat or a rogue tear to me eye but this left me with tears streaming down my face.

Connor is a young teenager whose mother is dying of cancer.  He's awoken by a re-occurring dream and a monster is at his window.  The monster takes hold of Connor and tells him three tales and it's through these stories that Connor starts to deal with the monsters within.

This is a beautifully written, heart breaking tale of grief, strength, healing and courage.  I read this book in two sittings and recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment