Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Lottery Winner

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Lottery Winner

Paying my pound into the syndicate for tonight's big Euro rollover draw the conversation soon turned to what we'd do if we won a million.  I certainly know what I would do.

I would be on the first plane out of here and heading to the glorious Greek Islands.  I'd buy a little white washed villa over-looking the sea and me and the kids would set up home.  I'd need four bedrooms one for each of us and a guest room for when the family come to stay.  The gardens are of vast importance probably more so than the villa itself. 

The grounds would surround the house and there would be a little outside area for my every need.  A large swimming pool with sun loungers would dominate the main area.  The kitchen would have large double doors opening onto the main eating area where a wrought idea dining table and matching chairs would be strategically placed amongst the olive trees.  Just around the corner would be a chill out area with large rattan sofa's ideal for putting your feet up with a good book and an ice cold glass of wine.  Finally, in a secluded area slightly away from the house would be space for me to write.  It must be over-looking the sea and be exclusively my space.

I may consider opening a little Greek Taverna.  Nothing too fancy.  A place for people to relax over a drink and meet with friends.  Maybe I'd serve a little food.  Traditional Greek of course.  I have to say I would have to employ a chef as cooking is not my forte.  I would, however, love to be stood behind my own bar.

Thinking back to the bar jobs I have had, it always brings a smile to my face.  I had the most brilliant times, the best laughs and met the most awesome people.  It's a time of my life that I always look back on very fondly and it's something I would love to experience again.

So fingers crossed our numbers come out tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment